Do you have cravings for chat, but worry on its healthy quotient? Don’t worry the best way is to cook at home using anchal cooking oil. Don’t hush your food cravings now!
Ingredients (1 cup = 250 ML)
- 2 cup maida / plain flour / all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil hot
- water to knead
- anchal cooking oil for frying
for katori chaat:
- 1 cup chickpea / chana boiled
- 1 potato / aloo boiled & cubed
- ¼ cup green chutney
- 1 cup moong sprouts
- ½ cup tamarind chutney
- 1 cup curd / yogurt
- sprinkle kashmiri red chilli powder
- sprinkle cumin powder / jeera powder
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 to mato finely chopped
- ½ cup sev
- few coriander leaves
- sprinkle chaat masala
- sprinkle salt
- firstly, prepare maida dough.
- now pinch a ball sized dough, and flatten it.
- dust flour as required and roll slightly thick.
- prick the flattened dough with fork.
- place a small katori or cup and wrap the dough.
- deep fry in hot oil, till the katori separates from the dough, And it turns golden and crisp.
- drain off over kitchen paper and keep aside.
- prepare chaat by assembling katori in a plate.
- add in 1 tsp boiled chana, 1 tsp boiled and cubed potato, 2 tbsp moong sprouts, ½ tsp green chutney, 1 tsp tamarind chutney and 1 tbsp curd.
- also sprinkle chilli powder, cumin powder and salt.
- add in a tbsp of onion and tomato.
- garish with 2 tbsp sev and few coriander leaves.
- finally, serve katori chaat immediately, sprinkling chaat masala over it.